Instant download of a free 80s trivia questions and answers printable to play at an 80s party or just for fun!
Aww, the 80s!! If you are as old as I am then you remember the 80s well!
I absolutely loved the 80s, everything about it! I was between the ages of 5 and 15 during the 80s in the United States so most of the trivia from my newest free printable came from my memory.
I don’t know about you, but I definitely feel like an old parent, when I catch myself saying “back when I was young, we didn’t have video games, computers, or even the internet or cell phones!”. It’s kind of hard to imagine a world like that nowadays, but it was great!!
Another reason why I love the Goldbergs TV show so much. Every episode is like “oh yea, I remember that!” usually followed by a big smile or chuckle. (I highly recommend it if you’ve never watched it!)
So I took a trip down memory lane when creating these fun trivia questions for you!
This printable game would be fun to have at a 1980s themed birthday party (I had one for my 40th birthday!), for trivia night, or really at any birthday party for someone who grew up in the 80s.
There is no physical product, just a digital file in PDF format at the bottom of the post.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Amazon.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to use the 80s Trivia Questions and Answers Printable
After you’ve clicked the download button below, print out the 80s trivia printable on any home printer. Then grab our free romantic movie trivia game!. The PDF file is in color, but you could also print it out in black and white on regular copy paper.
The PDF file also includes the answer key so make sure to print that out too.
Here are the quiz questions about the 80s that you and your guests will be trying to answer:
- What were the Goonies trying to save?
- What was Dorothy’s mother’s name on Golden Girls?
- What popular dolls were the rage in the 80s?
- What does CD stand for?
- Name the famous hairstyle with hair long in back and short on top and sides?
- What movie featured high-school kids serving Saturday detention together?
- Who you gonna call?
- What is the name of Knight Rider’s car?
- Who played James Bond in 1987?
- Who was Nightmare on Elm Street’s villain?
- What show does “everybody know your name”?
- Nobody puts who in the corner from the 1980s film Dirty Dancing?
- Matthew Broderick starred as a high schooler who skipped school in?
- What was Jenny’s phone number in the popular 80s song
- Who was the “material girl”?
- Which Michael Jackson album was one of best selling of all time?
- Lionel Richie was the lead singer for what group before he went solo?
- What was the first music video to air on MTV in 1982?
- Flashdance made this piece of clothing popular:
- What was the most popular shoe made of plastic in the 80s?
- What was the widely popular hair accessory of the 80s?
- What candy did E.T. follow trails of?
- What was the highest grossing film of the 80s?
- What year did Marty FcFly use a time machine to travel to in Back to the Future?
- Which actor played Indiana Jones and Han Solo in Star Wars?
- What was Nike’s famous slogan?
- Which maze-action arcade game had ghosts called Blinky and Pinky?
- Which Disney film starred a young princess who wanted legs?
- Who was the queen of workout videos in the 80s?
- What year was the fall of the Berlin wall?
- What character did Bruce Willis famously play in the Die Hard action film?
- What movie made Ray-Ban sunglasses popular?
You’ll have to download the 80s trivia questions and answers printable below to get the correct answers, but you can start thinking about icons and the pop culture of the 80s including Michael Jackson, The Breakfast Club, Harrison Ford, Cabbage Patch Kids, love songs galore, The Little Mermaid, and Tom Cruise!
These are not on the printable trivia PDF, but in case you need a few tie-breakers, here are a few extra questions:
- What theme song from Top Gun won an Academy Award? Answer: Take My Breath Away
- What was Mario’s name in Donkey Kong? Answer: Jumpman
- How many number one songs did Whitney Houston have on her debut album released in 1985? Answer: 3 (Greatest Love of All, Saving All my Love for You, and How Will I Know)
- Name five famous singers who participated in singing “We Are the World”. Answer: Lionel Ritchie, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Tina Turner, Billy Joel, Kenny Rogers, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Diana Ross, Kenny Loggins, Bette Midler, Ray Charles, Smokey Robinson, Cyndi Lauper, Bob Dylan, Daryll Hall and John Oates, Willie Nelson, Huey Lewis, Dan Aykroyd are the most notable
- What year did Prince Charles and Lady Diana get married? Answer: 1981
- What 1980 sports comedy movie about golf starred Bill Murray as the main character? Answer: Caddyshack
- What 1982 film was “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor the theme song for? Answer: Rocky III
- What famous horror movie based on Stephen King’s novel starred Jack Nicholson? Answer: The Shining (1980)
- Slippery When Wet was a huge album for what long-haired rock and roll band? Answer: Bon Jovi
Whew, okay, I hope you enjoyed traveling down memory lane as much as I did doing the 1980s quiz!
Free 80s Trivia Download
As with all my free printables, these are for personal use only! Please no selling or redistributing of PDF files or digital downloads. Thank you!
The 80s trivia quiz is sized to fit US letter or 8.5 x 11 inch paper size paper and can be printed on any printer. Print as many copies as the quiz as you need!
If you’d like to save this 80s trivia game for later, simply hover over the image below and PIN It now!
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!