Delicious, easy, cheap dinosaur dirt cups! A must have for any dinosaur party! An easy alternative to cake for a dinosaur themed birthday party dessert.
My youngest does not like cake… Not sure how a child doesn’t like cake, but he doesn’t.
So for his dinosaur birthday party, he picked out dinosaur dirt cups for his dessert. And I have to tell you, I’m so glad he did!
These dino dirt cups were super easy, fun, fast, and cheap to make!
These dinosaur dirt pudding cups were a big hit at the party. Of course, my birthday boy only ate the chocolate rocks and Oreos off the top and still didn’t eat the pudding! I, on the other hand, had a few too many dinosaur party desserts!
These don’t even have to be for a kids birthday party. You could easily whip them up for a Jurassic Park movie night or as a fun after-school treat!
Tips for Making Dino Dirt Cups
Dinosaur dirt cups recipe below!
I ended up making 20 cups of desserts. I think they were 6-8 oz cups.
First, my daughter mashed up almost a full box of Oreos. We put them in a Ziploc, sealed the bag, put a towel over it, and started smashing until we had Oreo crumbs.
I used 5 large boxes of instant pudding and 3/4 of a gallon of milk for the dinosaur dirt cups. I dumped the milk and pudding powder into my Vitamix and turned on medium for about a minute.
It was so easy in a blender to be able to pour the pudding out. I poured about 1/3 of each paper cup full of pudding.
Then my daughter topped it with some oreo crumbs.
I just kept adding milk and pudding mix into the blender and making more when I ran out.
I poured another layer of 1/3 cup on top of that and she added a second handful of Oreos on top.
We got chocolate rocks in the bins at Winco and spread a few on top. Super easy, huh?
I put all the dinosaur dirt cups on two trays and covered them with plastic wrap. We made everything the day before so on the day of the party I just added the dinosaur toys on top of each cup.
- Chocolate pudding mix - I used 5 boxes
- Milk for pudding - I used 3/4 gallon
- Crushed Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Rocks
- Make the boxes of instant pudding by mixing the dry pudding mix and milk. I used my Vitamix blender which worked out wonderful!
- Fill about 1/3 of each cup with the pudding and then sprinkle finely crushed Oreos on top.
- Top with another 1/3 of the pudding mixture and then add another layer of crushed Oreos.
- If you have taller cups, you can alternate one more time.
- Add some ChocoRocks on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Add one or two small plastic dinosaurs to the top of the dirt cup and serve the dirt pudding!
You can use any size of cups you want. I used ones I had on hand which made pretty big dino themed desserts. You can always use clear plastic cups so the layers are visible!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Way cheaper and easier than making and decorating a cake! My kind of frugal party!
Thanks for stopping by!