Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY baby gifts are so fun to make and mean so much to the recipient!
Personalized newborn baby gifts are so cute, don’t you think? Personalized keepsakes don’t get any more adorable than one for a new baby in your life.
They don’t have to be difficult either. With a Cricut cutting machine and some iron-on vinyl, you can make this birth stat elephant for any baby to love on and parents to swoon over!
But beware, you might want to have another baby just so you can make one for yourself…ha ha!
Materials Needed for DIY Baby Gifts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Amazon and/or Cricut.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text).
- elephant – I got this super cute one off Amazon
- Iron-on Vinyl
- Cricut cutting machine– always check prices between Cricut.com and Amazon (click links to compare!)
- Cricut mat and tools
- EasyPress 2
- EasyPress mat
Also make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter and access to our FREEBIE section!
Birth Stats Elephant Tutorial
I have printable instructions and a full video tutorial on applying the iron-on to the ears so make sure to turn on the volume and watch it below (or at the top of the post!)
You can easily design the birth stats in Cricut Design Space yourself, but if you have Cricut Access and want to use my template click here.
Cut the images out of iron-on vinyl. Make sure to turn on the mirror setting in the preview screen and place the HTV on your mat with the shiny side down. Cut it on the iron-on setting.
Weed off the extra vinyl and cut the plastic backing so you have separate pieces of the birth stats.
Using an EasyPress 2 to Apply Iron-on
Since the elephant is polyester, I set the temperature on the small EasyPress to 315F. If you need more help on how to use an EasyPress, make sure to check out my Cricut EasyPress 2 review.
This would also be the perfect project for an EasyPress Mini (I didn’t have one yet when I made this birth stat elephant keepsake!)
Once the EasyPress is preheated (it only take a minute or so!), press the ear for a few seconds to get the moisture out.
Since I will be pressing twice (kind of like layering), I will be pressing them on a little bit differently.
Place the other pieces of the birth stats where you want them making sure the plastic backings don’t overlap. Place a Teflon or protective sheet off the whole ear and press lightly for 20-25 seconds.
Remove the plastic backing. Flip the elephant over and press the back of the ear for 15 seconds. Pressing the back side really helps the HTV adhere even more.
Cover with a protective sheet and press for 20-25 seconds. Remove plastic, flip over elephant and press the other side for 15 seconds.
Newborn Keepsake Birth Stat Elephant Video Tutorial
Here is a full video tutorial. Make sure to turn on the volume to hear more details. If it’s not showing up below, check at the top!
Another great gift idea is a DIY block cute nightlight with my free SVG cut file!
Here are the printable directions!
- HTV/Iron-on vinyl
- Design the birth stats or use my file in CDS. See post for link.
- Cut out of iron-on vinyl on mirror setting. Weed off extra vinyl. Cut into sections.
- Set EasyPress to 315F. Press the ear for 3 seconds.
- Center large sections of vinyl on ear. Press with two hands and a lot of body weight for 3-5 seconds.
- Let iron-on cool for 30 seconds. Remove plastic backing.
- Place other pieces of birth stats on ear. Cover entire ear with protective sheet and press lightly for 20-25 seconds.
- Remove plastic backing. Flip over the elephant and press the backside of the ear for 15 seconds.
- Repeat the same steps for the other ear. Pressing the split monogram first.
- Enjoy your adorable keepsake!
See post for step by step picture and videl tutorial. Link to CDS file in post also.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a creative day!