Make easy DIY Halloween bookmarks out of paper with free templates for a vampire bookmark, a witch bookmark, a Frankenstein bookmark, and a mummy bookmark!
We are gearing up for the Halloween season over here, how about you? So I have an all new fun Halloween craft for you today!
I have given you quite a few DIY bookmark tutorials in the past (like these felt bookmarks), and today we are going to be making Halloween paper bookmarks. You probably already have all the craft supplies needed to complete these easy Halloween crafts!
Younger kids will have so much fun helping you make these bookmarks and then using them to keep their place in their favorite books.
Cute crafts are such a great way to get your kids or students excited about reading!
And you don’t even need to use them as bookmarks. Grab a craft stick or popsicle sticks and a glue gun and turn them into Halloween puppets!
These Halloween bookmarks would also make the perfect activity along with our Halloween scavenger hunt at a class party or home party! Or give these cute paper crafts as Halloween party favors!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Shareasale, Cricut, Awin, and Amazon.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Colored construction paper, craft paper, or origami paper
- Copy White Paper
- Pair of scissors
- Craft glue or glue stick
- Printer and printable templates (found below)
- The first step is to download and print the bookmark template from the bottom of this post on white copy paper. Cut out each piece and use them as a template. Using the pieces, trace around them on the different colors of cardstock and cut them out - the long rectangles are the body of the bookmark (great for fine motor skills!).
- Let's put together the Frankenstein and Dracula spooky DIY bookmarks first! Glue the black colored craft paper hair cutouts onto one of the short sides of the rectangular bookmark base.
- Then glue on the trouser/ pant cut outs near the bottom of the rectangle base.
- Attach the coat or jacket cut-out pieces right above the trouser square piece.
- Up next to glue on are the shirts. Glue the cutouts along the middle of the jacket patterns.
- To finish the Dracula bookmark, attach the bowtie piece near the top-middle part of the shirt.
- You have a few options to add the eyes. You can use a Sharpie or other black marker and draw the face on or glue some googly eyes or even a small pom pom on for each eye. Let the kids get creative!
- Attach the cape to the backside of the Dracula puppet. Dracula is all done!
- To complete Frankenstein, glue on the bolt cutouts on both sides of his head.
- Again use a Sharpie or or other small craft items like buttons to make the face.
- The other paper Halloween bookmarks can be completed the same way!
Find the printable template for all four different bookmarks for this craft project at the bottom of the post.
Printable Halloween Templates
As with all my free printables, these are for personal use only! Please no selling or redistributing of PDF files or digital downloads. Thank you!
Simply click on the download button below to instantly download the PDF file of all four different designs. Then print on any printer!
More DIY Halloween Bookmarks
If you are wanting a few more fun Halloween ideas, make sure to check out the following holiday-related crafts:
- Halloween corner bookmarks (full tutorial here)
- Bat bookmarks (bat tutorial here)
- Ghost bookmark (found here)
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!