Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Friends! I’m excited to be a taking part of the Lightning Craft group again! This month is all about making projects using felt that are easy and quick to make. I was talking to my kiddos about what to make, and of course, my bookworm daughter said bookmarks and I thought it doesn’t get much easier than felt bookmarks!
These are so quick to make and your kids can join in on the fun since kids love to stamp. These felt bookmarks would make great party favors, valentines, teacher gifts or gifts for anyone really!
Materials Needed for Felt Bookmarks
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Amazon. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text).
- Felt! I used white because it’s easiest for the stamps to show up on
- Mod Podge – found here
- Stamps, stamp pads, and markers – The stamps that actually worked best for me were the DIY stamps I made for Valentine’s Day (click here for tutorial)
- scissors or rotary cutter
Directions for Felt Bookmarks
- Cut out a piece of felt or you can use a felt square. Cover the whole piece (or whatever section you want to use for the bookmarks) with Mod Podge. Let dry for 24 hours. This just stiffens it up a bit so the bookmarks aren’t so floppy!
- Use scissors or a rotary cutter to cut out strips for the felt bookmarks. I made them 1-1.5 inch wide by 5.5-6 inches long.
- Then start stamping! The stamps worked best on the side the mod podge wasn’t applied to. Also, the stamp pad that worked the best for me was Color Box pad for some reason. I think a lot of my Stampin Up pads were kind of dried up so didn’t work well:(
4. If you want, punch a hole in the end and tie a thin piece of felt on it. I cut a thin piece the same way, with a rotary cutter.
That’s all there is to it to make felt bookmarks! So easy!
Another easy way to make cute bookmarks is with napkins and fabric (click here for tutorial!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Want to save this idea for later? You can Pin it now if you like!