Learn how to make a cute penguin puppet paper bag out of everyday craft supplies and a free penguin template to use!
Adding this cute little penguin puppet to fun crafts to make with your kids or students! Grab our lion puppet template to make even more paper bag puppets.
All you need are some brown or white paper bags, construction paper, scissors, and some adhesive to make some easy penguin paper bag puppets.
If you are a teacher or homeschool Mom, these penguin crafts would be a great way to add an art project when studying different animals.
Have the students practice their fine motor skills in a fun way by cutting the penguin’s head and the other parts of the penguin out and then putting the paper bag penguin puppet together with glue sticks.
Disclosure Policy: This post contains affiliate links from Shareasale, Awin, and Amazon.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Puppets always are fun to use during reading time and a great way to keep your kids more engaged. This adorable penguin could be used when reading favorite books such as How Do Penguins Play or Be Brave Little Penguin.
Or you can add the paper bag penguin craft to a list of fun winter activities that include our other penguin craft projects (including more paper penguin crafts), winter color by number sheets, and dollar store penguin craft.
- Colored craft paper (or construction paper)
- Sharpie or black marker
- Craft glue
- Ordinary Brown Paper Bag (or White) AKA lunch bags
- Download the penguin puppet template PDF file below and print it on regular paper. Cut the parts of the penguin out and then use those pieces to trace the patterns onto the colored paper. Cut everything out.
- Glue the white face cutout to the middle of the black head cutout.
- Attach the eyes, beak, and blush cutouts on the white face. Or use googly eyes for more animated little penguins
- Cut a piece of black paper to fit one side of a paper bag (brown paper bag or white paper bag). Or another option would be to have your child use black paint to cover the bag.
- Attach the black paper onto the paper bag (this will be the front side of the paper bag penguin puppet).
- Attach the grey body part of the penguin near the top part of the black attached paper.
- Next glue the feet cutouts along the open end of the paper bag (Attach the penguin wings on both the outer sides of the paper bag.
- Flatten the bottom of the paper bag so it flaps over the top of the puppet. Glue the head pattern on (the bottom side of the bag) to complete the penguin puppet paper bag.
- Enjoy your fun penguin craft!
See below in the post to download the penguin template for this fun project.
If you don't want to use paper bags for the penguin puppets, you could also just paste the paper penguins head onto a popsicle stick, toilet paper rolls, cardboard tube, or chenille stems to make penguin finger puppets.
FREE Penguin Puppet Paper Bag Template
As with all my free printables, these are for personal use only! Please no selling or redistributing of PDF files. Thank you!
Simply click on the download button below to instantly download the PDF file. The print on any printer!
If you are looking for more artic puppet ideas, check out this cute polar bear puppet.
If you’d like to save this easy penguin craft for later, simply hover over the image below and PIN It now!
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!