Learn how to make perler bead earrings that are in the shape of Minnie Mouse! DIY Disney jewelry can be cheap and cute!
This project is super quick and easy. No fancy equipment needed! You can make all sorts of different types of perler bead earrings with a little imagination.
This is a perfect craft for the little ones. My kids loved making things out of perler beads. You can make their favorite character for earrings, necklaces, keychains, etc.
If you’ve never used perler beads, they get a bit addicting. They are small little circular pieces of plastic that fuse together when melted. There are all sorts of different shaped pegboards you can get, but you really can make anything on the basic round or square one.
Materials Needed for Perler Bead Earrings
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Shareasale, Cricut, Awin, CreativeFabrica, and Amazon.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mini fuse bead kit – you’ll need 4 white, 6 pink, 130 black
- Hooks – you’ll need 2
- Jump rings – you’ll need 4
- Jewelry pliers
- Iron, tweezers
- round mini pegboard
How to Make DIY Disney Earrings
These mini fused beads are hard to keep in position with your fingers (unless you have nice tiny skinny fingers, I do not!) so it’s probably easiest to use tweezers.
- So starting at the center of the round pegboard add a black bead. Then work around it making 3 rows around that center bead.
2. Once you have the inner circle, add a hot pink bead in the center and top of the outer row. Then add a white bead on each side of the pink. You could always use red beads in this step if you prefer a red and white polka-dotted bow!
Then add another pink above and slightly to the side of the two white ones. On each side of those white and pink beads do rows of black.
The first row of black will be 3 beads then 4, then 4 again with the last row being 3 beads. Should look like the picture.
3. Cover your beads with the ironing sheet, piece of wax paper or parchment paper.
Usually, a set of perler beads comes with a piece of wax paper but you can use some from your kitchen or a Teflon or iron sheet if you use a heat press.
4. Make sure your iron is preheated to medium heat. Iron over the ironing sheet in small circles for 30 to 40 seconds.
Then allow the beads to slightly cool, they will be hot! Remove the fused mouse head from the board and flip it over.
Cover with the sheet again and iron the other side the same way.
You’ll now have a cute Minnie Mouse head with bow all fused together!
5. Now it’s time to turn them into perler bead earrings! Push a stick pin through the top center pink bead to open it up.
6. Open one of the jump rings and feed it through that pink bead you opened with the stick pin. Then pinch it back closed with some pliers.
7. Open the other jump ring and feed it through the first ring and also the earring hook end. Pinch it back closed and you are done!
Repeat all the same steps to make the other earring.
So cute and easy, right? Now that you know how to make perler bead earrings, think of what else you can make! I’d love to know if you’ve made other perler bead jewelry items!
If you like Disney crafts, make sure to check out my other Disney tutorials:
If you’d like to save this post for later, simply hover over the image below and PIN It now!
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!